Friday, April 17, 2015

Day 94 (12/25/14) WE will make a difference

Merry Christmas from Las Colinas Women’s Detention Facility. 
I woke up to the cell doors popping open this morning. I jumped up, got ready, and ran downstairs to call my family. It was good to hear their voices on Christmas morning. I’m thankful for the call. Today was like any other day, nothing special. The dorm did get a gift today, “Charmed” was not on TV ! Thank you Santa ! There was a full Catholic Mass this morning at the outside amphitheater and for dinner we got roast beef with marble cake and vanilla ice cream. The girls in mu housing unit had a Christmas party. They made food for the entire unit and did a secret Santa gift exchange. The food was really good. It’s amazing how creative you can get in jail with limited resources. Miss Miserable tried to ruin the party, but the girls made it happen. I spent my lockdown playing 3 hours of rummy, before reading and going to bed. Our night deputy let us make a phone call home and I got to talk to my family again and hear all about their day. It was a nice surprise. Before bed, I read my Husbands Christmas email:

“I am thankful to have such an awesome, supportive family. I am thankful, that even though my Wife’s away, she still finds a way to encourage me. I am thankful that my kids and I have a chance to see their Mom face to face before she leaves for receiving. 
I am thankful for the two deputies at the visitation that have been kind and helpful to us. I am thankful for my Wife’s first roommate that comforted her and prayed for her. I am thankful for the deputy that realized my Wife was in the wrong housing unit and made the effort to get her moved into the correct housing, resulting in contact visits. I am thankful that my Wife has remained safe in the first phase of her incarceration. I am thankful that I have met many people with the same views on incarceration reform. I am hopeful when my Wife gets home, WE can make a difference together” 


I couldn’t have said it better. I am thankful for my wonderful Husband. Merry Christmas, I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment