Monday, September 21, 2015

Days 173 & 174 (3/14/15) "It's hard on me, but definitely harder on my family"

Day 173 (3/14/15)

I made my 15 minute phone call to my family today that I earned from working. It was wonderful to finally talk to them after 59 days. I was able to talk to my Husband and Son, my Daughter was busy playing softball, so I didn’t get tot talk to her. If I get another call before I leave, she’ll be the first person I call. I miss my family and can’t wait to get home. This part of the process is definitely the hardest. It’s hard on me, but definitely harder on my family. The process really takes a toll on families. Being far away, no contact, and being gone and out of touch for 90+ days, it’s just not right. No one should be on the yard more than 60 days (with the exception of medical holds and disciplinary problems). 

After dinner, NayNay got into an argument with Jessie. Jessie has been drawing cards and trying to sell them for canteen items. She’s just starting out, so she was talking about how much to sell them for. $1.00 ? $2.00 ? NayNay told her $3.00, but Jessie thought it was too high. So, NayNay started to get mean and put Jessie down. She was out of line. NayNay acts like a spoiled child if she’s not right or things don’t go her way. She'll blow up. So, we were dealing with that most of the day. I’m not getting involved in any of this drama. I am too old for this. I just keep on writing or read a book. It’s easy to get sucked in, it’s harder to stay out of it. 


Day 174 (3/15/15)

It’s been a rough weekend. NayNay got woken up from her nap (sounds like daycare) today. Everyone was getting loud, laughing, and banging on windows. I was quietly writing a letter on my bed. I cherish every minute of quiet time in here, because it’s very little. Jessie and Missy were out of line and being childish again. At the window again, pounding on it and yelling through the window. Talking, flirting, and messing around with room 5. Who cares, but have some respect for your roommates. NayNay was done. She got up and was yelling at everyone. She doesn’t like the room. It’s changed. This is not how it used to be. She’s right, I understand. It’s never been the same since Miss Dolly left. In only 3 weeks time, we had 3 roommates go “over the wall” and 2 parole and go home. So, we lost 5 great roommates and now we are all trying to adjust and it’s not easy and honestly no one in this room is respectful or courteous. Everyone just does whatever they want. Before, we had room rules along with respect. It’s gotten worse since Missy arrived. NayNay was ready to get down with everyone. I just stayed on my bed and kept writing. Once NayNay calmed down, Smiley and I talked her through it and came up with some ideas and new room rules. Whether they will be followed or not is another story. 


“People are like stained glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light within”

No comments:

Post a Comment