Monday, September 7, 2015

Days 170 & 171 (3/11/15) The last step...

Day 170 (3/11/15)

Happy Hump Day. I can always hear my Son saying that from the commercial. I sure miss him a lot. 
Well, it was another big day for muumuus. TT (Tiffany) got her muumuu and is finally going “over the wall”. After waiting 113 days in receiving, she’s on her way to Folsom. I’m wishing her the best. Not sure what H-Bang is going to do without his (her) girl. Now another roommate. This entire room has changed in the last two weeks. It’s only Smiley and myself left from a month ago. We see TT off and after dinner, they brought in the newbies. One of our new roommates is “Missy”. She’s been to prison before, back in 2009. She’s married with kids and is from Shasta County. She seems pretty cool. Our current room has 7 first timers. (5) 30 somethings, 2 babies that are 21 years old. 2 are gang bangers out of the bunch. 2 from Orange County, 4 from LA, 1 from Shasta, and one from San Diego. I hope the mix and vibe stays nice and keeps calm. 
I’m still waiting for Jackie to go “over the wall” so I can start working in the office. 
They handed out ducketts tonight and I finally got my dental duckett ! The last step in the receiving process. Woohoo !

Day 171 (3/12/15)


I have been here for exactly 8 weeks today. Went to see the dentist today. Waited in the waiting room for 2 hours for a 15 minute appointment. But, I didn’t care, I enjoyed being out of the room. I got the “score” I needed from the dentist. No issues. As I left the dentist, I walked back to my housing unit nice and slow, enjoying every second of the sun and fresh air. As I’m walking outside to my housing I see my roommates waving and banging on our window holding a pass. It was MY pass to see my counselor !! No way !? I was so excited, I ran to my room and my roommates slid it under the door to me, I practically sprint down the hallway to his office, grinning ear to ear. After filling out my paper work, I find out I qualify for everything. As in all low security programs. So, I chose to go to fire camp. This is exactly what I wanted. I am so happy, I can’t wait to go. My counselor said I should be gone in 1-3 weeks. I hope he is right. If so, I’ll be off this yard by the end of the month. I am so looking forward to the day I get my muumuu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment