Friday, February 27, 2015

Day 66 (11/27/14) "Tough Times Don't Last Forever...."

Happy Thanksgiving ! This Thanksgiving is going to be a tough one. But, like my Mom told me this week, “Tough times don’t last, tough people do”. This time will pass and I am tough and have the strength to get through it. 
Instead of being down and depressed, I am thankful this Thanksgiving. I have many things to be thankful for. I am thankful to be alive, I am thankful for all the family and friends I have, and all the love and support they give me. This Thanksgiving I am very thankful for my amazing Husband. 16 years ago I married my best friend and soul mate. We have had our ups and downs, but he has stuck by me through thick and thin. I am so very lucky to have a Husband who adores and loves me so very much, who gives me strength and support daily. I am very thankful for my two beautiful and strong children who have brought me so much love and joy. My babies are my world and I am such a proud Mama to have two wonderful, loving, and supporting children who love me unconditionally. I am so thank for my Lioness and Lion Cub. I am thankful for my Mom and Dad. Who have supported me through all my highs and lows throughout my life. My Dad, who’s love, support, and inspiration every day has made me stronger. My Mom, who’s love, support, and encouragement gets me through the day. I am thankful for all the love I receive daily from my parents. I am thankful for my two Sisters who have been my family, my Sisters, my friends my entire life. The bond and love we share, is so very special. Their love and support is absolutely incredible. They have gone above and beyond for me and my family. They always have my back. I am thankful for my Mother in Law. She is a very special lady with a very big heart, who has welcomed me into her family and has treated me like I am her Daughter. I am so thankful for her love and support. I am thankful for the rest of my family, Aunts , Uncles, Brother in Laws, Grandparents, cousins, and so on. The amount of love and support I have received in unbelievable. 
When I thought I was all alone, I really never was. I just couldn’t see the sun through the clouds. I was in a dark place for a long time. I am thankful for my friends, my true friends that stayed by my side even during my lowest point. I am thankful for my current cellmate, who is a good person, is supportive, and a pleasure to share a cell with. I am thankful for the new housing unit I am in, the contact visits I receive, and the few deputies that go out of their way to treat me like a person rather than a criminal. I have so much to be thankful for this year. 
Happy Thanksgiving. 

My day was alright. We got dayroom time this morning and afternoon. I was able to call my family and talk to my Husband and kids. Everyone was disappointed about the visit, but I’ll see them on Saturday. I was able to talk to my Mom and Dad as well and wish them Happy Thanksgiving. Due to the short staff on hand this Thanksgiving, the visits got cancelled, and we were not allowed to leave the housing unit. So, no walking to the chow hall or patio time today. We had all our meals in our housing unit. Breakfast and lunch were our usual meals, but dinner we had slices of turkey, some stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy, mixed vegetables, a roll with butter, chocolate milk, and a piece of pumpkin cake. It was actually not that bad. I enjoyed it. Unfortunately, due to the jail being understaffed, we are in lockdown again tonight. I am reading a really good book right now, so I’ll get through the night. Tomorrow will bring a better day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment