Sunday, August 16, 2015

Days 160 & 161 (3/1/15) "Fights, Locks, a Job, and the DA"

Day 160

3/1/15
The start of a new month. Hoping this is a good month. I should be seeing my counselor soon and if I'm lucky, "over the wall" before this month is over. 
We got to program this morning, thank goodness. It was nice to finally get outside. Our room seemed to settle down, actually had moments of silence this afternoon. We will see if it stays this way. 
Tonight, we were waiting for dinner, 503 was walking back to their housing unit when the alarm went off in housing 501. Yard down. When they brought the girl out in handcuffs, she had a golf ball size lump over her eye. It was insane. Then two more girls came out handcuffed. I guess a fight broke out, the lady with the lump bit one of her roommates in the leg and then someone smashed her face with with a lock in a sock. This whole yard down ordeal took forever. We didn't go to dinner until after 7pm. Everyone was complaining. We lost our evening program, because by the time we got back from dinner, it was after 8pm. Sucked.
I have started adjusting to the new dynamics of our room. I adapt well and get along with many different personalities, which has been a very helpful trait in prison. 

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use"

Day 161

3/2/15
Cuba got moved to 503 late last night. She had been hiding her two black eyes, but after dinner, an officer saw them. She tried to get info from Cuba on what what happened, but she wouldn't talk, so she went into the room and inspected every one's knuckles and hands. Then, she packed up Cuba's belonging and sent her to 503, after giving her roommates a long hard lecture. 

It's Monday, the start of a new week. The counselors are in training all week, so there will no seeing my counselor this week. But, I'm staying positive and hoping to still be out of here by the end of the month. 

Carra paroled this morning, time for a new roommate. Let the anxiety begin. What will we get this time .

While we were programming this afternoon, I got offered a job at the counseling office ! "Jackie" is currently working the position, but she should be going "over the wall" this week or next and is looking for her replacement. I couldn't believe it ! It couldn't have come at a better time. I needed that. I was so excited when she asked, I said "Yes, of course I want the job". It's a perfect job for me. I wish I could start tomorrow . 


We got interviewed today, they were investigating our old roomies case. Janie listed us all as witnesses, but we were all out of the building and halfway to dinner when it went down. So, it was pointless, we all had the same story. They (The officer and Janie), had words, he pulled her aside, told her to have a seat, she sat down, he took her ID card, and we were released for dinner. Half way to dinner, the alarm went off. We can't help her. Plus, from what I heard from a few girls that actually saw what happened, Janie shoulder brushed him as she walked by him. It wasn't a big deal, but the cop treated as an assault and slammed her into the floor. The officer did not press charges, but the DA picked up the case anyway. Surprise surprise. Janie should have never mouthed off that night and she would be in this mess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment