Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Day 76 (12/7/14) "It could always be worse"

What a weekend, and I’m not talking about a great weekend either. This weekend was very frustrating. It started with Friday. Our current deputy is not that great, she seems miserable, she is constantly annoyed, she won’t change the channel on the tv, she won’t put the volume up, she won’t let us use the mop, she is irritable and easily annoyed, and we are on day 3 of her 5 day schedule. So, this afternoon, she didn’t let us out until 2pm and she forgot to let everyone out for school at 1pm. It was really ridiculous. Then our night deputy decides to split the tiers and only let us out for an hour and 15 minutes. What the heck !? Her reason was “this is how I’m doing it, don’t bother me about it.” The night just sucked. Saturday during the day was alright, but then we had another night deputy split the tiers again. The only good thing about Saturday night was my visit with my family. I’m very thankful for that visit. We laughed and had a good time. Then Sunday rolled around. I was so happy it was the deputy’s last day. Everyone is ready for her to be gone. She woke us up at 6:15am for inspection and we had 15 minutes to get ready. If we weren’t ready when she got to our cell, it was an automatic fail. She took 2 1/2 hours to complete the inspection. 3 cells automatically failed for not getting up and out of bed and 2 cells failed for attempting to sneak extras out of their cells. So, a total of 5 cells got 24 hour lockdown. She finally let us out at 10 minutes after 9am. I’m just thankful I got in a shower, because 40 minutes later at 9:50am, she was locking us down before lunch. 

In the afternoon, I had another great visit ! My Mom and two Sisters came. We sat outside and had a really nice time. It was so nice to see them and give them a hug. 

Then we got put on facility lockdown at 3:45pm. We locked down and then the deputy scanned us. So, it was a waiting game. 45 minutes later, we get to go to dinner, thank goodness. I needed that walk to the chow hall. I was getting so upset and anxious about the lockdown. On the way out to dinner, the deputy scanned us again. I was wondering, did the lose an inmate ? Well, it was nice to have dinner at 5pm rather than 3:45-4pm. By the time we got back, we only had an hour and a half until our evening time, so I sat down and wrote some letters. Then our night deputy was handing out mail and announced we were still on lockdown and once it was removed, she would let us out. That was a disappointing announcement. I just sat down and continued to write, hoping for a slight chance we would get out. When she came to our cell for meds, I asked what time it was. She said 7:40pm. At least I had a good book to read, because it was looking to be a long night. Shortly there after, the sound of cell doors opening was heard. It was music to my ears. It’s sad when that’s the sound you look forward to hearing every day. I jumped up, but only the bottom tier got let out. I’m thinking “Really ? This crap again ?” Not a minute later, she let the top tier out. Thank goodness ! We were able to salvage the night and enjoy 2 hours out. Whenever I have to deal with this bullshit, I get frustrated and irritated with the inconsistencies and pettiness of the jail’s crap. But, I remind myself, it could always be worse. I could be in the C housing unit. Their entire dorm failed inspection and the entire dorm is on a 48 hour lockdown. The rumor is, she failed them all because everyone had 2 pairs of socks, but we are allowed two pairs of socks, so I can’t believe that’s the reason. Whatever the reason is, it’s just another reminder that it could always be worse. I am just glad this week is over. I’m ready to start a new week with a clean slate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment