Thursday, June 11, 2015

Day 133 (2/2/15) OVERHAUL

Perfect weather again today and on 1st watch status again. They keep sending more and more women to prison, yet they don’t have room for them nor do they have the staff to run the prisons, it’s ridiculous. We are so overcrowded and the length of time it takes to go through the receiving process is unacceptable. The CA Department of Corrections desperately needs an overhaul. “Civil dis-obedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience. Our problem is that people are obedient all over the world. In the face of poverty and starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that people are obedient, while the jails are full of petty thieves and the grand thieves are running the country. That’s our problem”. I hope when I get out I can make a difference. Share my story, help others, and have a voice for reform. Sometimes, I doubt myself. Can I really make a difference ? Can I ? Will I be able to help others ? Then I remind myself, why not me ? We are all capable of helping. We are all capable of putting in the effort. We are all capable of greatness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment