Sunday, May 10, 2015

Day 112 (1/12/15) No Drama Here

It’s Monday, the start of a new week. The sun is out and I’m in a good mood today. I’m positive what the week might bring. I have a visit this afternoon and have decided I cannot let others get me down. I’ll make the best of each day and ignore the negativity. My morning was good and so was my visit with my Husband. When I returned from my visit, out deputy told me to “roll up”, I was moving. I spoke to the hiring deputy this morning. and she said she’d look into it about me being able to work and she ended up picking me ! I had to pack up quickly and head over to my new housing unit, D1. My bunkie was at school and I didn’t get to say goodbye. I left her a note. I felt guilty leaving her behind, especially because I was helping her study for her GED everyday. All she had left was math. I helped her pass the English/reading and writing exam. All we had left was math. I collected all my stuff and headed over. I was excited. I can’t believe I actually got called to work ! I signed paper work and watched a quick orientation. Got a new uniform, a badge and tennis shoes. I love the shoes ! No more plastic sandals and the uniform we wear are cut out of much nicer material, so they are much more comfortable. I really wanted to work in the kitchen, but I got assigned to laundry and I’m not complaining. I work Monday thru Friday, 6:30am - 2:30pm. I can’t wait to get started. I am no longer in cells. The housing unit is dorm living. We have our own cubicles. I’m down a hallway of 5, cubical #14, at the end. We each get a desk, chair, bed, and shelf unit. We have an unfrosted window in each cubical. Then we have a double mattress and pillow. The dayroom chairs are cushioned and there really isn’t any more lockdown. I am looking forward to enjoying this housing unit. 
My first evening here was really good. Most of the women are nice. No drama here. Dinner is later in the day. We even get the remote to the TV. There is a microwave, soda machine, and vending machine in this unit. I slept great with the two mattresses. This is much better than 3D. The best part, is there aren’t any issues, bickering, or negativity. I am enjoying the peacefulness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment