Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Day 113 & 114 (1/13/15) Things are about to change....

Day one of work today. Started the day off with inspection. Inspection is every Tuesday at 5:30am and it’s much stricter in this dorm. Our dorm passed and I passed my first inspection. Then off to work at 6:30am. We did laundry exchange over in 5A and 5B, the “High Power” aka "High Security" inmates. Then back to the laundry room to sort, wash, fold, and put away all the clothes. Then, load up all the carts for tomorrow mornings laundry exchange. It was a long day on my feet, but I loved being busy. The time goes by so much faster when you are busy working, rather than sitting around. I am very grateful for the opportunity to be working, even if it’s for a short time. Working in laundry, we get real coffee and get to listen to music. It was a great first day. After dinner, I had my visit with my Son, which was wonderful. Staying positive, being patient and never giving up eventually brings good things. 

Things are about to change...big time.

Day 114 (1/14/15) 10:38pm

Went to bed and was told I’m being transferred to Receiving (Chowchilla) tonight. I’m totally not prepared. It’s Wednesday ! Of all the Tuesday’s I got ready (5 to be exact) and I go tonight. Go figure. It’s too late to call my Husband and kids. They’re going to be confused tomorrow when I don’t call. I’m nervous, but I’ll be ok. The start of part two of this journey begins.....

No comments:

Post a Comment