Sunday, November 9, 2014

Day 23 (10/15/14, Thursday) Hope and Ideas...

I woke up today and got my medical clearance. Step two of becoming an inmate worker.  I passed with flying colors. So now, I just wait. Could be as soon as this week. I sure hope it works out. I really need to be doing something. I can’t stand all the sitting and laying around. I want to be productive and I know I will be one of the best, if not the best worker this place has ever had ! This place could definitely not only use my skills and talents, but my work ethic. Best case scenario, I am out of this housing unit by Monday. 
I am trying to not get my hopes up too high. I want to stay positive and confident. But, I also don’t want to be devastated if it doesn’t happen. I am really striving to be positive and hopeful. I need to try and not let myself get those extreme lows anymore. I want to stay consistently strong everyday. As far as today goes, I am succeeding. I know I can do this. I know I can ! 

I made it today. I stayed strong and made it through the day. It feels good. I just need to keep it going everyday. I finished another book tonight and right before bed we got mail delivery. To my surprise, I got a new book ! What perfect timing. My Mother-in-Law is amazing ! I can’t thank her enough. She is keeping my book collection going ! It’s helping pass the time. I have been sharing my books with the other inmates as well. So, a BIG thank you to my wonderful  Mother-in-Law. These books will be the first donations for the book drive I am going to have. I am going to donate all of them to women’s jails and prisons in CA. So, others can help the time pass with some really good books. I am thinking about putting some inspirational words in the front of the book along with Sisters for a Second Chance website info. I am gong to get working on this now, so I can make it happen when I get out of here. I know my wonderful Sisters will help me. I am so fortunate to have such a supportive and loving family. I can’t wait until I am with them again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment