Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Day 27 (10/19/14) 535 Hours ...

It’s Sunday. Let’s go Chargers ! I miss watching football. Really wish I could be home watching football with my Husband. We sure had a lot of fun over the years watching the Chargers. I sure miss it.
We have a corporal on duty today (higher ranking than the deputies). I am sure everyone will be on their best behavior. She split the morning and afternoon time between both tiers. So, an hour and a half each time. These are the days I like the best. Makes it easier when you get out in the AM and PM. Top tier got the second shift, so I got to watch the second half of the Charger game. There was 1:47 left in the game and I hear “Times up Ladies, head back in”. What a bummer. So, I missed the end of the game. Don’t even know who won. 
The top tier has been getting very calm and peaceful lately. I think it’s because the majority of the trouble makers are downstairs now. 
I am looking forward to our 3 hours out tonight. Hope all goes well. It would be nice if we could get all 3 hours more often. We are supposed to have dayroom time from 7-10am, 1-4pm, and 7-10pm daily. That’s 9 hours out a day. Only 15 hours of lockdown a day. It sure would make my days easier if we got the full time. I sure wish I could be doing something productive, but I’ll take whatever I can get. I just want the 20-21 hours of lockdown to end. I did the math, for the last 26 days (624 hours), we have been in lockdown 535 hours and out of our cells for 84 hours. We average about 3 hours a day. 4 hours is a great day and 2 hours is a bad day. When you look at it like that, it’s crazy. I am shocked at the numbers. I wonder why it has to be that way ? Mental punishment ? Trying to teach us a lesson ? Make us “programmable” ? Not sure how that’s going to work. 

Of course we didn’t get the full 3 hours as promised. Deputy changed her mind. We got an hour and a half. There were a lot of complaints and grumbles. I think I even heard the threat of a grievance. But, no trouble. Everyone just went back to their cells disappointed. Once I got back to my cell, my roommate, who had been waiting all weekend to get bailed out, finally made bail and was going home. She was so happy. She hated the lockdowns. She was starving. Didn’t eat anything. She gave me a hug before she left and then she was gone. Another acquaintance. I have the cell to myself tonight. It’s kind of sad and lonely. I am really missing my family right now. I miss and love my Husband and kids so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment