Thursday, January 22, 2015

Day 52 (11/13/14) Today is the day....

Well, we didn’t lose an hour last night, we lost an hour this morning. So, the entire housing unit got out at 8am instead of 7am. We did much better today when walking to the chow hall. Especially at dinner. No one wanted to lose the evening dayroom. We have to be up at 3:30am for breakfast. It does really suck, but I don’t mind. It’s a trip outside and out of the housing unit. The girls in line behind me were talking about how they hate walking to the chow hall. They preferred having breakfast in the housing unit and they didn’t mind the lockdown. I’m listening to this and thinking to myself “really” ? I was on lockdown for 20-22 hours a day, now I am on lockdown 14-15 hours a day and 8 of those hours are when I’m sleeping. I would never prefer to be on lockdown 20-22 hours. I guess it’s not bad if you can sleep your days away. But, I can’t even sleep past 7am. 

Today is the day I have been waiting for. My first contact visit ! It’s been 52 days since I have seen or hugged my Husband and kids. They will be here tonight ! I can’t wait. I am so very happy and excited ! Today was a very good day. Time just flew by. Now, it’s the final hour to wait. This has to be the biggest smile I have had in the last 8 weeks. 


The deputy came and got me for my visit. I came through the hallway to the visiting area. She unlocked the door and there they were. All 3 of them sitting at the table waiting for me. They stood up and I hugged each of them. We all had tears of joy. God how I missed them. My family. Together. My visit was amazing ! To hug my Husband and kids was the best feeling. Just to be able to sit at the table together was incredible. We laughed and had such a good time. We were a family again. It didn’t matter where we were, just that we were together. It was unbelievable, I love them so much. 30 minutes goes by quick. I didn’t cry when they left. Instead, I had a huge smile on my face. It felt so good inside. I have not been that happy in a really long time. I can’t wait to see them again. Next visit is on Saturday. I am very blessed with an amazing Husband and incredible children. They are my strength and why I make it through everyday. Their love and support fuel my fire to keep fighting and pushing forward. Later, my Husband would say to me “See babe, no one can take what we have away from us. They may take this and want that, but they don’t have what we have. Never will. We have true love. We have unconditional love”. He is right. We will all be together soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment