Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Day 38 (10/30/14) Our neighbor in cell 25...

Well, last night was a rough one. Our neighbor in cell 25 lost her mind. She freaked out. I had been reading then fell asleep. Shortly after I dozed off, the yelling begins and I wake up to “Get the f*** out of here you stupid bi*** !!” The poor girl in that cell was getting blasted. She was going ballistic, screaming and banging. The deputy went upstairs and immediately removed the girl and just left the crazy one in there. She went on a tirade for at least 30 minutes while cussing out the deputy and other inmates. She was out of control. She finally quieted down and I was able to fall back asleep, but then another rant woke me up. We got a 3rd show after breakfast. I couldn’t believe they left her in there. I’m guessing the psych ward was full ? In the meantime, she threw, soap, blankets, and clothes under the cell door. She then pissed on the floor so it came into the common area. Another case of an inmate in the wrong housing. She clearly has mental health needs. The woman finally got her meds and was fine. She even thanked me for mopping up the soap and urine in front of her cell. She said “I know I was being bad, but thank you”. Of course it was no big deal and I understand she had an episode, because she needed her meds. But, better services need to be available. We can’t wait for something terrible to happen before changes are made. The system needs to be proactive, not reactive. 
I discovered my roommate was in housing unit A1. This is the best unit there is. There is so much “freedom” and contact visits. I’m like, what did you do to get in here ? I am in housing unit F3. The behavioral unit. The super strict unit that houses all the inmates with mental issues along with problem inmates with write ups and repeat offenders. How or why I am in here is questionable, because I am none of these. Anyhow, she got into a fight with another inmate and lost everything. I don’t care what anyone says or does to me, it’s not worth it. She thought she had to do what she had to do because it’s jail. But, it was petty and could have been avoided. Plus, you can get additional charges when you fight. She’s young and made a poor decision. She didn’t realize how good she had it in that dorm. From the sound of all the stories she shared, all the girls in the dorm need to do a week in housing F3 and I bet they would be behaved and grateful for housing A1. 
I spoke to our daytime deputy about beds being open in other housings. She looked it up and stated there were beds available in housings A3, B3, C3, D3. 10 available between all four units. I asked how do I go about getting transferred over there ? She looked me up in the system and said “You don’t have any write ups and are a level 2, you shouldn’t be in here”. She told me to put in a request, so I did today and I hope it goes through. It would be wonderful to see my kids and Husband in person. I know it’s a long shot and I’m not giving up. If I could be moved by next Friday and see my Husband on our wedding anniversary, that would be the best gift ever ! I will be praying that I will get to hear “roll up !”. It sucks, I got put into this housing unit and it’s very hard to get out of it. The deputy thinks they were full and that’s why I ended up here. I even put in  a request for the program dorm, maybe I can get moved there. I am not gong to quit. There has to be a way out of this unit. 

I am tired, due to last nights fiasco. I didn’t get much sleep, so hopefully tonight is a quiet night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment