Sunday, October 19, 2014

Day 14 (10/6/14)

It's Monday and it's closing of week two for me here. This week seemed to go faster than week one. But, still not fast enough. I woke up feeling not too great. I didn't really want to get moving, but I forced myself to. After my cell exercises I felt better. We had laundry today. I always like laundry day. Nothing like clean clothes.
We have one of the better deputies today. She splits the morning and afternoon times between the tiers. I prefer being out for shorter times twice a day, than 1 long period once a day.
My morning was a good one, then after lunch, my roommate came back upstairs to find our cell door wide open. I guess her meds were missing and she had Ibuprofen sitting on the desk next to her bible which were missing. She didn't remember taking it, so we searched the cell and could not find it. The deputy came and did a quick search and cell check at lunch, but did not take the meds. So now, we have another episode. The conspiracy, the yelling, the slamming things, all the hollering about about God, demons, and the devil. Oh the insanity. This is really getting out of hand. They finally took the inmate in cell 13 away last night. So that noise is gone now. I just have to have it in full blast in my cell. I am getting close to asking to switch cells. I could deal with it, but it's now 2 or 3 times a day and it's getting very irritating. I am hesitant, because she is harmless and the grass isn't always greener on the other side. So, I am going to try and wait it out. I'm pretty sure she goes home in 15 days, so I will see if I can make it. An hour later, she finally quieted down and is napping. Time to relax. I feel like a Mom who finally got her fussy cranky baby to sleep. Total silence. Total bliss.
I finished my third book today. Now I'm on to number 4. If I don't slow down, I'm going to cost my family a fortune in books ! I am reading and finishing books every 2 to 3 days. I just need more to do. It's really hard right now. I feel like I am drifting into insanity some days. I want the hell out of this housing unit. I don't want to sit and waste away anymore. I don't want to tolerate the madness and insanity that surrounds me, but if I get transferred far away, I will hardly see my family. Two video visits is better than no visits. I can't disrupt my kids lives and expect them to travel 4-5 hours to see me. Plus, who can afford that kind of travel all the time, or who would want to spent 8-10 hours in a car. It's really hard. I want to be close to my Husband and kids, so it's worth it to me to put up with the insane cellmate, the lockdown, and boredom. I'd do anything and endure anything. Just have to keep reminding myself to stay strong and don't give up. I have my Husband and kids waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment