Friday, October 10, 2014

Day 8 (9/30/14)


It’s Tuesday and I have officially made it one week. It’s been one slow week ! I did officially make it an entire day without crying. So, things must be getting better or maybe I’m just dealing with my situation better. Maybe I’m just out of tears. I just keep reminding myself that it’s not forever and my family is waiting for me. 
Today was pretty uneventful. Back to splitting the time outside between tiers. But, after yesterday’s events, it’s to be expected. Top tier got the afternoon shift, so that was a nice change. I got to enjoy the afternoon sun. I have been reading this great book my Mother – in – Law sent me. “What Alice Forgot”. Read half the book the first day. I have been dying to get back to the book today, but my bunk mate is a chatter box today. She won’t stop talking. She usually takes two naps a day. One after lunch and one after dinner. That gives me lots of quiet time to read. But today, no naps. Just constant chatter, stories, reading passages from the bible, preaching, singing and on and on. I don’t want to be rude, but today I want to scream SHUT UP ! I can’t even hear myself think. I should not complain, because she is very generous and kind. It could be a lot worse, trust me. There are plenty of horrible roommates in this housing unit. The bad outnumber the good, so I am thankful for Mama J. I just would like some quiet reading time. 
The last two nights we’ve had a real no-nonsense deputy. She does not put up with these girls bullshit. She runs a very organized, tight ship. I really like her. With the group in this housing unit, you have to. I feel like they send all the crazies, troublemakers, and misfits, to this unit. I’m trying to figure out how I got stuck in this unit (come to find out later, this is a behavioral unit. Also, holding unit for new inmates. Makes sense huh. Nope). I put in another request to work while I stay here. Hopefully something happens soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment