Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Day 2 (9/24/14)

Starting from the last Post (next day)
After breakfast I was back to bed and asleep. Sometime around 7 am, I woke up to the sound of a loud clank. The cell doors opening. I got up and met my roommate. She is an older woman of 53 years. Her name is Carol, but she likes to be called "Mama J". She is a Veteran and a mother of 2 beautiful daughters. She immediately helped me out with all the info I needed to get situated in this place.
My wonderful Sister had already put money (along with my Dad) on my books and money on a calling card for me so I was able to call my family and order commissary.
I waited to call my family later that afternoon. I later regretted this decision. I spent the morning learning the ropes, getting the basics ordered. I ordered a brush, toothpaste, deodorant, wash cloth, and writing material (pencils, paper) and stamped envelopes. Then before I knew it, we were locked down in our cells. Got to come out for 15 minutes for lunch and again around 4pm for dinner for 15 minutes. You eat fast or you don't eat. You are not allowed to save or bring food back to your cell.
Today was horrible. I had nothing to do. The anxiety of the cell and being here, along with desperately missing my family was so hard.
Finally after 9.5 hours in my cell, we got one hour out. I didn't waste any time and called my family. I was so thankful for the phone call. Just to hear the voices of my husband and kids was priceless.
Lockdown at 8:30pm.
I spent the rest of the night getting to know my roommate before lights out at 10pm.
At least I didn't have any trouble sleeping, because I was so exhausted from the night before.

No comments:

Post a Comment