Thursday, October 23, 2014

Day 16 / Part One (10/8/14)



It was a quiet night. The snoring must have been a one time fluke. Thank goodness. I woke up feeling better and stronger after talking to my family last night. It’s still hard, but just a little easier today. 
We have a new deputy today. So, the sharing of the morning and afternoon has come to an end. The top tier got the AM shift, we will get the afternoon. It’s a bummer, because I prefer the split. But, at least this deputy gives us our full dayroom time, so I will be out this afternoon for over two hours. That will be nice. 
I had breakfast with my old bunkmate today. She is miserable. She wants out of cell one. She said she is going to try and talk to the deputy and see if we can get a cell together again. We’ll see what happens. 
I’m just trying to take it day by day and just go with it. That’s my new motto. Just go with it and take each day in stride. It seems to be helping me. 
When I talked to my Husband last night, he had gotten an email from my attorney about my upcoming court date. She says if we don’t come to a mutual agreement (highly unlikely), we’ll get a new court date and I could be here through December. I won’t be transferred until January. I like the idea of being close to my family, but I hate the idea of being stuck here for another 2 1/2 months. Where will I be mentally ? I am going to talk to the deputy about being transferred to work. I will take anything. Kitchen, laundry, sewing, landscaping, whatever is available. I want to work, be productive, and stay busy. I hope she can help me. It’s the only way I can survive (mentally) in here for the next 3 months. 
I went to bed with a slight headache and woke up with it last night as well. I am sure it’s stress related. I am hoping it goes away, I don’t want to have to go to medical and pay $3.00 for my visit just for them to give me ibuprofen. I am going to wait it out today and see what happens. 
Lots of “free” time on my hands, because I devoured all my books so fast, I was thinking more about the foundation I am going to start. Sisters for a Second Chance. Giving women a second chance to restore their lives and future. I am going to see what my Sisters think about it. The 3 of us together are very special. They are going to help me with this. I am very lucky to have two wonderful sisters. They are both amazing and so supportive. They are not only my Sisters, but my friends and I love and miss them so much. I look forward to a “girls” trip or day with them when this nightmare is over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment